Chafer Fertilizer Stream Bars
Streambars are the most efficient and accurate method of applying liquid fertilizer to a growing crop. The new Chafer Streambar MR has been designed to overcome some of the inherent problems with original Streambar design. The new system speeds up changes in application rate, simplifies installation onto all types of sprayer and minimises the risk of damage or twisting while spraying.
- Nozzle spacing: (15″ or 20″ for example)
- Spraying speed: (We need an approximate operating speed range, for example 10-12mph)
- Application Rate Range: (For example, 12-20 gallons per acre of 28% nitrogen)
- Sprayer Plumbing Brand: (For example, Spraying Systems, Hardi, etc)
Benefits Of Stream Bars
- Accuracy Stream bars are designed to evenly apply liquid fertilizers such as 28%, 30% or 32% nitrogen to wheat and other crops. Each of the four outlets on the stream bars are ported to ensure consistent delivery of fertilizer over the range of operating pressures.
- Excellent for no-till Stream bars deliver concentrated streams at equal distances, minimizing the amount of N tied up on residue, compared to the 3 hole nozzles (and especially flat fan nozzles) which increase the coverage on surface residue (in addition to the wheat leaves). 3 hole nozzles (and flat fan nozzles) also increase the amount of N which is tied up on surface residue and also potentially increase the N losses via volatilization.
- Unaffected by boom height Stream bars produce vertical streams of fertilizer with no overlap, so product application is unaffected by boom height.
- Minimal leaf scorch Stream bars deliver streams of fertilizer, so contact with the crop is minimized. High rates of nitrogen can be applied in one pass with minimal leaf injury, even on windy days.
- Available for 15″ and 20″ spacing Stream bars are available to fit most sprayers around the world and are available in 15″ and 20″ spacing.
- Adaptable for different product rates By using orifices, the operating sprayer pressure can be maintained within the 25 to 50psi range.